Friday, January 13, 2006

The Truth and Clarity are Sometimes Depressing....

.....but we need to sack up.
  • VDH's article The Multilateral Moment? (here)
  • is just another great piece of writing from this man, he definitely has a true gift.

    The last paragraph pretty much sums it up....

    Finally, the public must be warned that dealing with a nuclear Iran is not a matter of a good versus a bad choice, but between a very bad one now and something far, far worse to come.

    I believe that this is one of those moments in history where good men must take a decision or face a frightful future. Europe, Russia, China, Asia all need to step up to the plate. Unfortunately Europe is full of a bunch of bobbleheads, Russia is in bed with Iran and I think that China actually likes the fact that Iran is becoming a major thorn in our side....it'll probably come down to the USA and Israel doing something, because nothing will get done unless these 2 countries do something. I think you'll see GW Bush refrain from calling Islam the "Religion of Peace"....'cause it ain't, It's Islam's way or the highway, and that highway is hell.

    On a lighter note, have you heard "Believe" by Brooks & Dunn? Ronnie Dunn can flat out sing.....it's a gospel tune, he absolutely nails it.

    5 Comments:

    At 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I bet that's the first time that Iran, nuclear weapons and Brooks & Dunn and a gospel song have been mentioned in the same article!

     
    At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You are probably right, send them goat ropers and their six shooters over to Iran to take care of things....makes perfect sense!

     
    At 2:08 PM, Blogger Joe Gringo said...

    Antone,

    I've noticed you've posted a few times, I take it you are in Seattle, what do you do? And...thanks for visiting my blog!

     
    At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm a SW Development Engineer at Microsoft (Bellevue), and a rarity here in Seattle, I'm a black (I've sinced dropped the African American label) conservative!! I voted for Kerry in the last election, but have since converted to the right!

    I don't remember how I came across your site, I think just cruising the internet, but you do post some really interesting things, the daily history thing is different. My girlfriend now calls me a black gringo.

    Keep it up!

    Antone Walker

     
    At 7:20 AM, Blogger Joe Gringo said...

    Thanks Antone.......Black Gringo, now that is CLASSIC!

    If you're ever in Phoenix, drop me a line, I'll buy you a beer!

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home