Monday, January 22, 2007

Emma's Run

Early last year, a co-worker of mine and friend Abby Simpkins lost their 6 year old daughter and youngest child, Emma, in a tragic accident in the driveway of their home in Anthem, just a shade north of Phoenix, AZ. Bill and Abby have 3 boys. In her memoriam, Abby, her husband Bill and a group that puts on running events are putting on a 5K run in Anthem this March 31. This event will coincide with the yearly “Anthem Days” event. All proceeds are going to an organization called “We Care in Anthem”, this is a great organization run by great people who work for free that helps out families in a time of real need, such as Bill and Abby’s family.











Runners - you can register for the run here ANTHEM DAYS (EMMA'S RUN) Register here.
Non Runners and Family - If you would like to get a shirt from this event just register on-line just as if you are running in the race. Cost is $18.

Thank you.

2 Comments:

At 10:37 AM, Blogger Brooke said...

Good luck to them, and my sympathies. I cannot even imagine loosing one of my babies.

 
At 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is not one day that goes by that I don't think of Bill and Aby and their children.My heart goes out to them, and so does my admiration; because they are so brave. I am going to do the run specially for Aby, she is my inspiration...
Fanny

 

Post a Comment

<< Home