Friday, February 09, 2007

Let Them Eat........Chicken Feet!!!



Chávez and his government toadies are blaming "hoarders and speculators" for the shortages. The real problem is Chávez's price controls. Beef is artificially priced at $1.82 per pound when $2.41 per pound is required just to get it to the supermarket shelves. That means that the supermarkets have to sell it at cost, which they refuse to do, and the middlemen have to eat a $0.59 per pound loss, which they also refuse to do. Hence, no beef. Since the cattle raisers can't sell their beef to anyone, I guess that means they are hoarding it.

Chávez insituted price controls on over 400 basic items in 2003 in an effort to control inflation and help the poor. He successfully reduced the inflation rate from 25% where it was in 2003 to 78% where it stands today. And now the poor can't afford to buy even chicken feets. Nice job, Hugo!


h/t Mark in México

9 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Blogger WomanHonorThyself said...

hola Joe..que tal?..lol..o yes but the Lefties still luvvvvvv him!..btw..I gave u a hat tip this week..heh
Have an awesome weekend!..:)
tenga buen fin de semana..:)

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Brooke said...

That's what communism will do to a country.

And Chavez IS a commie.

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Joe Gringo said...

Angel, qué onda? Estoy viajando a San Diego este lunes, probablemente no blogging hasta martes.

Got your hat tip, thanks, shinin' on with Shinedown.

Brooke, the commie brigade is growing south of us, hopefully he'll catch a disease and just go away

 
At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, picture and title is worth a million words.

A.

 
At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have had chicken feet in the past and they are good with a little salt and some lime juice, but we ate them with a whole chicken cooked in a soup with lots of veggies...Now I know how the Venezuelan women keep themselves sooo skinny...

 
At 5:20 AM, Blogger Yekwana Man said...

Come on down for some Sopa de Pata de pollo!!!

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger nanc said...

don't laugh - chicken feet AND hog snout are delicacies in the south! why, in mississippi alone - one can buy any part of a chicken pickled - how these southerners stay so plump is beyond me.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Joe Gringo said...

Antone,m how ya been man? Yah, that photo's a beauty, I've had that baby archived, I knew I would use sooner or later.

Queen,

I just KNEW you were going to write something like that, I'm sure we'll be eating that one day.....just to bring back memories.

Yekwana Man, I guarantee you if I make down to Venezuela, I'm looking you up....then we'll dine with some Sopa de Pata de Pollo.

Nanc, I don't doubt that, I've had hog snout before, not bad, and I LOVE hamhocks....here in the gringo household the Mrs. makes some might good tasting beans with hamhocks and other spices.

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger nanc said...

my husband says they should make tires out of pig snout because it indestructible!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home