Thursday, November 10, 2005

Putting Heroe's in Perspective

Read this from Black Five he's a top Military blogger, he puts in perspective what a real heroe is........ it'll tug at your heart. Read the "Last night I met a Hero" link first, then continue with the rest of the article. Here's a brief excerpt:

Back home there is a bridge named for Sergeant Elbert Kinser. My grandfather told me the story about why the bridge was named for him. It came to my mind this morning. He was fighting alongside his buddies when the enemy threw a grenade into their ranks. Rather than attempt to run to escape the danger he threw himself on the grenade, saving the lives of his comrades. He was awarded the Medal of Honor for his gallantry, and the town named a bridge after him.

Today marks the 230th annivesary of the formation, or birthday, of the US Marines and tomorrow is Veteran's Day.....my 8 year old son and his Cub Scout Pack made gifts and are going to visit and pass them out to all at the Veteran's Hospital here in Phoenix.

2 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh boo hoo, cry me a river, what about all of the Iraqi's we are murdering over there!! This Bush administration is ridiculous and they continue to terrorize and invade Iraq.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Joe Gringo said...

Look here "Anonymous", mocking the military that is fighting to protect yours and mine freedom is about as low as you can go, and in war, it isn't murder, it's called Killing and I sure as hell hope we can get as many of those radical Islamists as possible.

Why don't you read my post (2 prior to this one titled "Who is Lying About Iraq?" and get back to me...........I'm more than sure you have plenty of time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home