Thursday, April 27, 2006

United 93

From all indications so far, it looks like Hollywood nailed it. Can't wait to see this movie, it is long over due if you ask me. We can never forget folks, if there's one thing these terrorists understand, and that is power, we need drive these SOB's into the ground, pound them so hard so that their will has been depleted. Mr David Beamer, father of hero Todd Beamer (who coined the phrase "Let's Roll") has a review of the movie here.

He has this to say:

There are those who would hope to escape the pain of war. Can't we just live and let live and pretend every thing is OK? Let's discuss, negotiate, reason together. The film accurately shows an enemy who will stop at nothing in a quest for control. This enemy does not seek our resources, our land or our materials, but rather to alter our very way of life.
I encourage my fellow Americans and free people everywhere to see "United 93."


and......

May the taste of freedom for people of the Middle East hasten victory. The enemy we face does not have the word "surrender" in their dictionary. We must not have the word "retreat" in ours. We surely want our troops home as soon as possible. That said, they cannot come home in retreat. They must come home victoriously. Pray for them.

6 Comments:

At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the timing of this movie could not come at a better time. people need to realize that we are at war for reason, and what we are doing will be seen as a great sacrifice for future generations. people need to step back and see how history will judge our actions at this time. should we stay or should we go? - should be obivious after the release of this movie

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger elmers brother said...

Joe we should NEVER forget. When the media is so happy to display Abu Graib pictures and not let us be reminded of 9/11, we need this movie.

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Joe Gringo said...

EB,

Great point, you're exactly right. I'll never forget, when my oldest son was 4.5 yrs old, he was up early with the TV on, he said..."Daddy, that building is a choo choo train", it was the first World Trade Center on fire.

I'm more bent today than I was nearly 5 years ago........

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger elmers brother said...

I was still in the Navy when 9/11 occurred. I remember heading off to work and Hugh Hewitt was on in the morning at the time. All I remember him saying is the second tower has now been hit..we are at war. I got to the base..extra security the whole nine yards and all we did was watch the images on TV. I can't forget it and I refuse to lie down and let these b*stards (pardon my french) from taking over my country.

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger elmers brother said...

that should read let those b's take over my country.

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Joe Gringo said...

I hear you brother!

We all thank you for service indeed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home