Friday, October 27, 2006

11 Years Ago Today & 3 Kids Later.....

The Mrs. and I were married in Tequila, Jalisco, México.

However, the deal was sealed April 27, 6 months later.

You see, getting married in México in a Catholic wedding is a bit different than here in the states, they have a civil ceremony and a religous ceremony usually the latter following a day or week later. Ours was 6 months apart, we did it this way to help speed along the immigration process. And regarding the immigration process and the INS, that is a world I hope you never have to deal with, it is the the MOST incompetent, pathetic part of our government by far. That's another story.

Anyway, we were married in front of a judge at the home of the Mrs. and her parents, my brother, mom and the only gringo living in Tequila at the time and my fine friend Allan, were my witnesses. After the judge presented the papers, it was official, we had some things to eat, cake, tequila (of course, but not much) and then my brother and I went off to our room for the night and off to bed. Yah baby, that was my first "wedding night".

As I said earlier, the deal was "sealed" 6 months later in the church ceremony, which by the way was a beauty! 25 of my friends and family flew down for it, flying into Puerto Vallarta then renting vans and SUV's equipped with walkie talkies and drove due east 160 miles inland, to Tequila, which is about 40 miles northwest of Guadalajara. We had a 12 piece mariachi band, a huge spread of the most authentic Méxican food, and an open bar.........and plenty of tequila!

The three little ones followed, 9 yr old boy, 4 yr old girl, 2 yr old bull...err boy.

Happy anniversary Sweetie Pie! Love, Joe.

5 Comments:

At 6:11 PM, Blogger elmers brother said...

way to go Joe....Congratulations!

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Brooke said...

Congratulations on both your marriage, and such beautiful children!

 
At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww...You always make my heart skip a beat!!! Thanks for 11 wonderful years, as I have told you before; they have been the best of my life...I love you!!

 
At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations you two!!!!
Love, Nean

 
At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Which bro is Elmer's brother?
Nean

 

Post a Comment

<< Home