Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Adios China.....Can't Wait To Return One Day

My trip inspired me to buy "1421, The Year China Discovered the World". Been busy, will get around in a day or so, here are some photo's from my visit to Shanghai and Hangzhou, China. Blogger is not very compatible in China, had a heck of a time trying to post and checking other blogs on Blogger was impossible...... back in the hood now.

Night time in Shanghai, looking across the river into Pudong and the famous buildings that Shanghai/Pudong are known for. It was very foggy that night with a light rain, so the photo quality is not quite there. I rarely take photo's, the Mrs. is much more adept than I am. Click to enlarge for better viewing quality.















The shopping district, one of the many in Shanghai, bought a bunch of stuff from the 2008 Beijing Olympics store.



















Another view of the buildings in Pudong......
















This is called the Peace Hotel, 100 years old, when I turn around 180 degrees from the above photo, this is what you see.......
















....and then look down to the left and you see this..........

















Here is the famous green tea mountain in Hangzhou, well part of it, where they grow this expensive green tea........















Meet my friends Tsing Tao, Chow Mein and Carne Asada, don't really know their names, but they kept coming up to me saying "Hi.......Hi.......Hi" and I would say "Ni hao.......ni hao". Cute kids.















Joe Green Tea Master doing his thing, sort cleaning and roasting the tea leaves........















The day I left I got up at 5:00am to take a stroll around for about 3 hours on foot to soak it all in for one last time, this is a photo of the buildings in Pudong.....















Joe Ham at 6am , spent, tired and shot.

4 Comments:

At 5:46 PM, Blogger WomanHonorThyself said...

hurry home amigo!...whos the Joe in the last pic?..lol

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Joe Gringo said...

Angel, that's me after a solid 2 hours sleep.

Jungle Mom, it was a fantastic trip, though I hardly slept, that didn't matter, my time was short and I wanted to take in as much as possible. Hangzhou looks very much like the photo on your blog, very green and lush, the morning mist over the lake with the Chinese towers or whatever you call them in background was very erie looking, but very cool.

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger WomanHonorThyself said...

awwwwwwwww welcome home then!

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Brooke said...

It looks like you had a blast!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home