Monday, July 09, 2007

Tagged

For Zion's Sake got me......... 8+ factoids, things about me:

1). For those who have read my bio, yes I can talk backwards, and pretty fast too. Started when I was about 12 or so, sitting at the dinner table when my dad said..."ssap eht tlas dna reppep.....esaelp", we all looked at other like my dad had flipped, my oldest brother and myself ran with it. When I was on radio station 93.3 KDKB in Phoenix (once weekly stint), got a huge response when I sang "Start Me Up" by the Rolling Stones backwards.

2). Passed the test to obtain PGA players card back when I was a decent golfer, I now play to figure out how to hit the next shot from a rather difficult spot.

3). Along with younger brother, Gringo Grande, invented and designed this.

4). In 1994 I hitch-hiked from central Guadalajara (México) to a town named "La Venta de Astillero", a lady dropped me off there and within 1-2 minutes I boarded a full bus....on this bus is where I met the Mrs.

5). High jumped 6'5" my senior year in high school, went to Boys State my junior year.

6). Pulled a guy from a burning car that was involved in a car accident about 4 years ago. The poor guy's left thigh swelled up twice its size, when he looked down at it, he passed out, don't know what happened to him after the ambulance took him away.

7). Played in the country's first organized Arena Football League (non-pro) as a Wide Receiver and Defensive End.........thank God I tore my cartilidge in my right knee and couldn't finish the season.....there was pain on almost every play.......those boys can hit....and I mean frickin' chickin' HARD!

8). I love to read, hate the hippie world, but dig '70's rock (country and blues as well), would rather drive than fly (hence the drive/trip to México in a few days), always hated dancing in clubs/bars, but like to tango with the Mrs.

3 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Blogger WomanHonorThyself said...

what a great post!..I ducked out of doin mine by posting this: http://www.womanhonorthyself.com/?p=3884

sneaky eh?..grinz

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Rita Loca said...

LOL! Need to order some of your popcorn!!! And the talking backwards...very neat! My kids made up a Spanish Ye'kwana pig latin that only my four children understand. They still use it to write secrets to each other. Gotta break the code!!!

 
At 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And that is not all...Mr. Joe is the best dad ever! And of course, a wonderful husband too! I am indeed very blessed...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home