Friday, January 20, 2006

Meet Felis!

  • .....and visit him here


  • Being born behind the Iron Curtain in communist Poland I developed an acute form of anti-totalitarian allergy very early.
    Additionally I had to spent long hours studying numerous works of Karl Marx, Frederick Engels, and Vladimir Lenin, which fact also contributed to my general dislike to totalitarian and radical dogmas.
    Another factor, which had enormous impact on my current political leaning, was WWII.
    No, I don’t remember it but my grandparents, parents and all other relatives did and some of them did not make it.
    Also, I was born in a city where one of the largest German concentration camps was operating during the German occupation of Poland.
    To a certain degree it was like living with the ghosts of all the people murdered there.
    The piles of human hair shaved from the victims, their clothing and shoes all stored by the pedantic and efficient administrators, who only followed orders and procedures.
    My greatest shock in life was to see how many people in the West and especially “educated” people were trying to give up their freedom and surrender to imaginary idols of social justice.
    The same people who looked upon religious folks with superiority would blindly and without hesitation follow ideologies created on paper by other people who never left their cozy lives and warm rooms.
    On my arrival in Australia (many moons ago) I discovered quickly that my acquired training in history and philosophy did not always ensure steady income and so I retrained to become an IT professional.
    I live in Sydney, which city without a doubt is the best place in the world.

    3 Comments:

    At 9:16 PM, Blogger Dan Zaremba said...

    Oh me Gawd it's look like my profile. ;-)

    MUCHAS GRACIAS

    I linked your blog to ours hombre!

     
    At 12:13 PM, Blogger Sergeant America said...

    I enjoy Felis' comments and wisdom from da' Land Down Under!

    ... Do you come from a land down under? (oh yeah yeah) Where women glow and men plunder? ;)

     
    At 8:44 AM, Blogger Joe Gringo said...

    De nada.......and yours is right under Rush's on mine!

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home